PLAY WRITING WORKSHOP
Round 1: January 4, 6, & 8 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Round 2: Will Occur in March
Workshop cost $10
Original plays will be picked for performance at BDACT at a later date.
Download application here
Applications Due by December 1, 2015
2016 Beaver Dam Singing Star
First prize $500 decided by audience vote.
Tuesday, December 15 from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Thursday, December 17 from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Rehearsal opportunity Sunday, January 10 beginning at 6:00 pm.
Performances January 14-16. Snow Date January 17
Audition at the Beaver Dam Area Community Theatre; located at 219 N. Spring St. Please enter through the side door on 3rd St.
Audition judges include Jenny Addison, Dan Doyle and Donn Gasner. Show MC will be Rick Ramirez.
This show will be similar to American Idol and feature vocal soloists. All ages may audition!
Participants will be judged on skill, artistry, personality, stage presence, and entertainment value.
1. If you are younger than high school age you must have a parent or guardian with you.
2. Contestants must provide their own music from accompanying tracks. No instruments please.
3. If selected to compete, you will need to sing a different song for each of the three performances. Please bring all three accompanying tracks on a CD to auditions. You will, however, only need to audition to one song.
4. Label your CD with your name, phone number, and title of songs in the order you would like to perform them. Keep in mind that video snippets of your audition will be shown the first performance.
5. Please be prepared to have a photo and video taken of you.
6. All costumes, choreography, props and music lyrics should be suitable for family viewing and listening.
No flammables, liquid, gel, aerosol, glitter or other substance that could affect the stage or safety of the audience are allowed. Contestants are responsible for their own props and must be able to set them up and take them down immediately at the time of the performance.
Finalists will be posted on the Beaver Dam Area Community Theatre web page at www.bdact.org by Tuesday, December 22.
If you are unable to attend the audition dates, a video submission will be accepted at P.O. Box 216 in Beaver Dam or at the email firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15. For questions, you may also call 920-885-6891.